Thursday, June 08, 2006

Updates

Assalamualaikum

Its been awhile. Lots to say. Don't know where to start first. Anyway the mid-year exam had finally ended like a week ago. And ofcourse we had alot of work to be done such as exam analysis, post mortem, items and all. Believe me it was a lot. Although I have the sample or example form of sheet save in my pendrive that I could just delete and edit. But thats not enough. I had to review and overview all the exam papers to make a tally marksheet such as for Section A, question number 1, how many pupils got it right and how many got it wrong. We had to check on all the papers, every pages, every subjects. Now will anyone tell me how much workload was that? I couldn't even get my mind rest right after the exam although I was abit relieved that the burden of teaching was over (I meant for the mean time only, thinking about having my holiday sooner). I was extremely tired and exhausted. Everytime I got home, the only thing I did first was switch on the computer, sat down, opened my files and started typing. After 2 hours of doing so, then I remembered to take my shower. OMG! I have this pain of my shoulder, my back and body. Maybe because of sitting on the chair for too long.

Well thats not the end part yet. For a fresh start right after the 2nd term of school holiday, as the school reopens, I will be teaching primary 5. Yeap, thats right. Currently Im teaching primary 1. Suddenly I've been transferred to teach primary 5. I guess my headmistress wants me to take this opportuniy to experience new teaching methods. I've been teaching lower primary ever since I started working under the government. Even worse, when I was studying at UBD, and had been sent to experience teaching practice in a school, my luck was always been given to teach lower primary. So this is in fact my very first experience. Teaching in upper level, talk in english all the time, well since almost all the subjects require english language except Bahasa Melayu, Sivik, Sejarah and Ugama. Ill be teaching Mathematics, English, Geography and Science. OMG. Im gonna have to work extra hard and have to imporve my language skills especially in english. After all this years teaching lower level has been quite an experience. And Im already comfortable with the way I communicate with my pupils, ofcourse in Malay. Sometimes its just so hard to adapt new situations like this. Ya Allah, please help me. Well, I don't know if anyone notice that I've been practicing my english right now. I haven't type any malay words, yet! I think eheheh so far how? Okay? Mind the grammar error. Honestly Im not that good anyway.

Why i was being transferred to teach upper primary all of the sudden? Well I haven't mention it yet. So here goes. There was a new female teacher just transferred to my school from bandar. She was apparently qualified to teach upper primary since she had the qualifications if u know what I mean eehhehe anyway she's been teaching for over a month now. But thats not gonna keep her teaching upper primary any longer since she's pregnant for almost 12 weeks now and she's experiencing 1st trimester of pregnancy. You know the morning sickness. She couldn't stand it. Uneasy smells makes her throw up and she feels weak. She's always on sick-leave for a couple of days. Last week she had been sent to the hospital and had to stay for a few days. When she's better, she got back to work. But only for a couple of days and now she's on leave again for nine days because of this 1st trimester of pregnancy. So straight to the point ehehehe I rambled alot... our headmistress was really worried that this female teacher couldn't handle this situation and had to take a sick-leave until she could adapt it. Headmistress worried that to leave the primary 5 pupils without any relief teachers to substitute and to teach them. The fact that these primary 5 pupils are being abandoned without any learning process being held. So she chose me. She gave me this quote "Are you ready to take this challenge?" I was so confused. If I said "no" I don't want her to think that I don't have the guts to take the risk. And that Im easily give up an opportunity. So without having this thought through, I accepted it. Honestly I didn't regret it. Somehow this was what I wanted. I want to experience it. Now this was my chance. Although it was abit difficult to take over someone's class even so in the middle of the year.

Feels so good to let it out. So today we held a "Peraduan Lancar Membaca Bagi Darjah 1" It was ok. But tiring. Eventhough all the lower primary teachers had their own responsibilities, not everyone did their work. Such as incharge of handling the pupils and so on. A few of them just took this opportunity doing something else, leaving their pupils behind to be handle by us (those who had responsible and other things to do). So unfair.

Did I mention about my hubby's phone got stolen? Anyway yeah, that phone got stolen after 5 minutes my hubby left it outside after he washed his car. He forgot to bring it back up. He searched all over the place. Somehow he couldn't accept the fact that the phone got stolen by someone. I guess he felt bad because he was careless. I didn't blame him. It was an old phone. But he loved it. I pity him. We even tried to call his number but unfortunately the phone had been shut off by the person who stole it. I was abit angry. If only I knew who took it. My hubby had to use even older phone, Samsung. But only for two days. The next day after, I took him out for shopping. And I suggested him to buy a new phone. At first he didn't want to but I insisted. At last he bought Motorola V3.


My adorable baby niece, Nur Aleeya Ezzaty, Happy 2nd Birthday on the 7th of june 2006. Stay adorable, chubby, cute and babbling always.

Okay I guess that would be all. Hope you guys enjoy reading. Neez, finally I updated my blog. Haven't finish watching Charmed yet. New found obsession watching Supernatural eheheh. love ya sis.. To my hubby, its almost our one year wedding anniversary. Can't wait to celebrate it with you baby.. I love you so much *smooch*

No comments: